Get in Rhythm, Stay in Rhythm Atrial Fibrillation Patient Conference
See all conference videos, and download the slides
The question and answer panel discussed:
- How do patients and doctors decide upon the right procedure?
- What is the role of pacemakers in managing afib?
- What is the role of implantable devices, such as the Reveal monitor, after procedures?
- Why aren’t MRIs used before all ablations?
- Does afib always get worse?
- How often can ablations be repeated, and how many can you have?
- Is remodeling of the heart as serious an issue as stroke prevention?
Panel members (left to right) included Mellanie True Hills, Moderator; Jay O. Franklin, MD, FACC, FHRS; Kelley A. Hutcheson, MD; William T. Brinkman, MD; Kamran Rizvi, MD, FHRS; Robert Kowal, MD, PhD, FHRS
Learn how to get in rhythm and stay in rhythm by watching videos of the Atrial Fibrillation Patient Conference that was held in Dallas on November 2, 2013. At the conference, presentations by leading afib experts provided atrial fibrillation patients, families, and caregivers with the information to manage afib and get appropriate care.