Get Started Learning About Atrial Fibrillation Guide
Let’s get started learning about atrial fibrillation with information for anyone interested in learning about afib. If you’re an afib patient, family member, or caregiver, then continue on to the lower section as well.
For Anyone Interested in Learning About Afib
To learn more about afib, check out the resources below.
To learn more, sign up for our e-mail newsletter. You’ll receive alerts when a news story is added to StopAfib.org. Just go to the Newsletter Sign Up box at the top of any page. You can unsubscribe at any time using the link at the bottom of each newsletter.
To share this information with others, click on the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Print, or Email icons at the bottom of the page.
Get in Rhythm. Stay in Rhythm.®
Atrial Fibrillation Patient Conference
Featuring World-Renowned Afib Experts
Mellanie True Hills
Founder & CEO, StopAfib.org
For Afib Patients, Family Members, and Caregivers
If you have atrial fibrillation or think that you or a family member has it, you’re probably wondering what to do. We understand what you’re going through and what you’re feeling. We’ve been there, too.
Our goal is to provide you with information and perspectives about living with afib and to help you find an atrial fibrillation treatment or cure. We’re patients and caregivers helping other patients and caregivers and are here to help you overcome your atrial fibrillation. You’re not alone.
So, where do you start learning about how to manage and treat afib?
- Managing afib—treating afib with medications, lifestyle, and how to create an effective healthcare team
- Procedures for afib—treatments such as electrical cardioversion, catheter ablation, surgical procedures (maze and mini maze), hybrid ablation, and left atrial appendage occlusion
- Patient stories—about patients living with afib and their cures, including our founder’s afib story
- Resources—useful resources such as the afib glossary, patient and caregiver resources, and videos
- Find afib services—find doctors, hospitals, and afib or arrhythmia centers that specialize in treating atrial fibrillation
- Blog—read guest posts and opinion pieces
- News and events—news, events, audios, and video interviews with top afib doctors. This part of the site contains a wealth of information. If you sign up for the newsletter, it will alert you to new stories here.
- StopAfib Forum—ask questions and discuss afib with others worldwide or just in your local area.
Helpful Afib Articles
Helpful Afib Videos
The StopAfib.org Library is home to a wealth of video content covering afib from A to Z. It taps into the wealth of knowledge from the world’s top afib experts. It gives you access to trustworthy and accurate information, all in one place. Everything is complimentary except replays from the most recent conference.
Sign up here for the StopAfib.org Library, your go-to source for trustworthy afib info (at no cost). You’ll create an account by entering your full name, email address, and a password, and then click “submit” and “accept.”
In the Library, you’ll find these excellent resources:
- Get in Rhythm. Stay in Rhythm.® Atrial Fibrillation Patient Conference Replays—Each annual conference is packed with information on a wide range of topics from the world-renowned experts in afib to empower you to better manage your afib and get your life back. (All replays are free except for the more recent conference.)
- Get Back to Care Webinar Series—World-renowned experts present on digital devices, digital tools, managing afib during a pandemic, catheter ablation, and more. Featured presenters include Jonathan Piccini, MD, Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy, MD, Mina Chung, MD, Mintu Turakhia, MD, and Khaldoun Tarakji, MD.
- Afib Master Class—Renowned electrophysiologist Eric Prystowsky, MD, answers common questions from afib patients and their families about rate control, rhythm control, catheter ablation, and stroke prevention. Learn how a doctor thinks about how to treat us, so you can use your new understanding to work with your own doctors to make treatment decisions.
- How to Know When It’s Safe to Have a Catheter Ablation Webinar featuring electrophysiologist Suneet Mittal, MD.
- What Afib Patients Should Know About the CABANA Trial Webinar featuring electrophysiologist Douglas Packer, MD
- Expert Advice to Get the Right Treatment for You Webinar featuring electrophysiologist Eric Prystowsky, MD.
- Devices for Preventing Afib Strokes Webinar featuring electrophysiologist Christopher Ellis, MD.
- Afib Genetics, Risk Factors, and Prevention Webinar featuring afib genetics expert Emelia Benjamin, MD.
- Preventing Afib Strokes Webinar Webinar featuring anticoagulant expert Elaine Hylek, MD.
- As we add new content to our library, you’ll have access to it, too.
It’s our hope that the StopAfib.org Library will become your go-to source for reliable afib information and equip you to make informed decisions about your healthcare.
Helpful Afib Social Media Resources
Here are some of our social media resources that may be helpful:
You Don't Have to Go It Alone
StopAfib.org was created for patients by patients to provide accurate information and genuine support for those affected by atrial fibrillation. Explore our online community and connect with other patients, families, and caregivers.