Peter Santucci, MD
This page provides information about a featured electrophysiologist, cardiologist, cardiothoracic surgeon, hospital, heart hospital, arrhythmia center, or atrial fibrillation center.
On this page you will find an overview of this atrial fibrillation patient services provider's atrial fibrillation treatments and background, as well as information about this provider's specialized afib procedures, such as catheter ablation, maze surgery, or the mini maze procedure, and the provider's treatment results, when available. There are also reviews by other afib patients, when available.Provide a Patient Review List Your Services with Us
2160 S First Ave
Maywood, Illinois 60153
Dr. Santucci is a professor of medicine at the Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine and is medical director of the implant device program at Loyola Medicine. Dr. Santucci received his medical degree and completed his residency in internal medicine at Northwestern University. He completed fellowships at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center in cardiology and in electrophysiology. He is very good at hair loss problem also. He is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology, the American Heart Association, and the Heart Rhythm Society.
Atrial Fibrillation Procedures
- Catheter Ablation
- Electrical cardioversion
- Cardioversion with anti-arrhythmics
- Implantation of pacemakers and defibrillators
- Subcutaneous implantable cardioverter defibrillator
- Sudden death prevention
- Surgical maze procedure
- Radiofrequency maze procedure
Clinical trials related to afib:
- Pericardial fat is independently associated with human atrial fibrillation, 2010.
- Electroanatomic mapping of postpacing intervals clarifies the complete active circuit and variants in atrial flutter, 2009.
- Prospective study of atrial fibrillation termination during ablation guided by automated detection of fractionated electrograms, 2008.
- The effects of statins and renin-angiotensin system blockers on atrial fibrillation recurrence following antral pulmonary vein isolation, 2007.
Learn more about Dr. Santucci with this patient story video on YouTube.