What to Know About Digital Tools for Afib Patients
Can consumer digital devices help you better manage your afib?
Consumer devices for afib patients are everywhere, and many have been important during the pandemic. You might wonder what the devices are, how they work, and how you can use them to manage your afib.
To address those questions, we’re happy to announce the next webinar in our complimentary Get Back to Care Webinar Series:
What to Know About Digital Tools for Afib Patients features Mintu Turakhia, MD, MS, FHRS, a cardiac electrophysiologist, outcomes researcher, and clinical trialist at the Stanford University School of Medicine and Director of the Stanford Center for Digital Health and the American Heart Association-funded Heart Health Technology Center.
We hope this webinar will help you determine whether consumer digital devices can help you better manage your afib.
Please click here to watch the webinar recording on our Library.
In this webinar, you will learn about various digital health tools and what to consider in selecting and using them, including:
- An overview of available technologies, such as watches, smartphone-connected ECGs, and sensors.
- Advice for choosing digital tools for lifestyle self-management (such as stress, exercise, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, diabetes, and other conditions afib patients have).
- Whether you need a wearable device if you already have an inserted cardiac monitor.
- What these devices are telling you, and the actions to consider taking as a result.
- What you can reasonably request from your doctor regarding these devices.
- What patients should know about research studies leveraging digital devices.
To your health—and peace of mind,
Mellanie True Hills
Access the webinar recording here.