Video chat with atrial fibrillation experts from the Cleveland Clinic to get answers to your afib questions on May 16, 2014
April 24, 2014
- Summary: Take advantage of the opportunity to chat live via video with Cleveland Clinic atrial fibrillation experts Dr. Walid Saliba and Dr. Oussama Wazni on May 16, 2014.
- Reading time: 2-3 minutes
Once again, we are partnering with atrial fibrillation experts from the Cleveland Clinic for another live chat, but this time, it will be a video chat.
Don’t miss the opportunity to have your questions answered. Join us on May 16, 2014, for the next atrial fibrillation chat with Dr. Walid Saliba and Dr. Oussama Wazni from the Cleveland Clinic, and Mellanie True Hills, Founder and CEO of StopAfib.org. This chat is a great time to learn more about atrial fibrillation, including diagnosis and treatments.
See the transcript of our most recent live chat at Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on December 17, 2013, or access transcripts of all of our previous chats at the bottom of this page.
- Walid Saliba, MD, is the Director of the Electrophysiology Lab and a Staff Cardiologist in the Section of Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacing in the Robert and Suzanne Tomsich Department of Cardiovascular Medicine at Cleveland Clinic. He is board-certified in cardiac electrophysiology, cardiovascular disease and internal medicine. Dr. Saliba is trained in all aspects of clinical cardiac electrophysiology and pacing, including catheter ablation of various arrhythmias, implantation of cardiac pacemakers and defibrillators and extraction of implanted pacemaker and ICD leads using laser technology.
- Oussama Wazni, MD, is a Staff Physician in the Cleveland Clinic Section of Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacing. He is the Director of the Outpatient Electrophysiology Department and Co-Director of the Ventricular Arrhythmia Center. He is board-certified in internal medicine, cardiology and cardiac electrophysiology. He specializes in electrophysiology with special interest in atrial fibrillation and ventricular tachycardia ablation.
- The Cleveland Clinic doctors will be joined by Mellanie True Hills, Founder and CEO of StopAfib.org and the American Foundation for Women’s Health. Following a brush with death in emergency heart surgery as well as a near-stroke from a frightening irregular heartbeat in the same year, Mellanie True Hills pledged to use her second chance to help others avoid the #1 and #3 killers, heart disease and stroke. After being cured of her life-threatening irregular heartbeat, atrial fibrillation, she also launched StopAfib.org, a non-profit patient advocacy organization to provide information, education, and support for those living with atrial fibrillation.
Atrial Fibrillation Live Video Chat
Friday, May 16, 2014
12 Noon Eastern Time (11 Central, 10 Mountain, 9 Pacific)
Since this video chat will be in Spreecast, which is a different technology from previous chats, please be aware of the following:
- The chat will appear in Internet Explorer, but works best in Chrome or Firefox.
- You can also watch from iPads and iPhones, and possibly Android phones, but will not be able to participate from these devices.
- To register, click the RSVP Now button at this link, which will take you to a page to RSVP and to sign up for Spreecast.
- Follow the directions on that page to RSVP and/or submit your questions.
- You can sign in with one of your social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn) – or – you can create an account by signing in with email by putting in your email address, password, confirm password, and name (you don’t have to use your whole name)
See transcripts of our previous Cleveland Clinic chats:
- Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on December 17, 2013
- Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on May 31, 2013
- Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on October 31, 2012
- Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on March 2, 2012
- Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on October 28, 2011
- Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on June 13, 2011
For more information, see Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Center