Video chat with atrial fibrillation experts from the Cleveland Clinic to get answers to your afib questions on December 12, 2014
December 1, 2014
- Summary: Take advantage of the opportunity to chat live via video with Cleveland Clinic atrial fibrillation experts Dr. Walid Saliba and Dr. Oussama Wazni on December 12, 2014.
- Reading time: 2-3 minutes
UPDATE 12-12-14: Watch the replay of the video chat (click on the Join Chat button)
Once again, we are partnering with atrial fibrillation experts from the Cleveland Clinic for another live video chat. Don’t miss the opportunity to have your questions answered.
Join us on December 12, 2014, for the next atrial fibrillation chat with Dr. Walid Saliba and Dr. Oussama Wazni from the Cleveland Clinic, and Mellanie True Hills, Founder and CEO of StopAfib.org. This chat is a great time to learn more about atrial fibrillation, including diagnosis and treatments.
See our most recent live chat at Video of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on May 16, 2014, or access transcripts of all of our previous chats at the bottom of this page.
- Walid Saliba, MD, is the Director of the Electrophysiology Lab and a Staff Cardiologist in the Section of Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacing in the Robert and Suzanne Tomsich Department of Cardiovascular Medicine at Cleveland Clinic. He is board-certified in cardiac electrophysiology, cardiovascular disease and internal medicine. Dr. Saliba is trained in all aspects of clinical cardiac electrophysiology and pacing, including catheter ablation of various arrhythmias, implantation of cardiac pacemakers and defibrillators and extraction of implanted pacemaker and ICD leads using laser technology.
- Oussama Wazni, MD, is a Staff Physician in the Cleveland Clinic Section of Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacing. He is the Director of the Outpatient Electrophysiology Department and Co-Director of the Ventricular Arrhythmia Center. He is board-certified in internal medicine, cardiology and cardiac electrophysiology. He specializes in electrophysiology with special interest in atrial fibrillation and ventricular tachycardia ablation.
- The Cleveland Clinic doctors will be joined by Mellanie True Hills, Founder and CEO of StopAfib.org and the American Foundation for Women’s Health. Following a brush with death in emergency heart surgery as well as a near-stroke from a frightening irregular heartbeat in the same year, Mellanie True Hills pledged to use her second chance to help others avoid the #1 and #3 killers, heart disease and stroke. After being cured of her life-threatening irregular heartbeat, atrial fibrillation, she also launched StopAfib.org, a non-profit patient advocacy organization to provide information, education, and support for those living with atrial fibrillation.
Atrial Fibrillation Live Video Chat
Friday, December 12, 2014
12 Noon Eastern Time (11 Central, 10 Mountain, 9 Pacific)
To register, click the RSVP Now button at this link, which will take you to the Spreecast page. To register, click on the blue Remind Me button.
PLEASE NOTE: Spreecast online video chats are best accessed using Google Chrome or Firefox Internet browsers. Spreecasts do not work with Internet Explorer (IE). Please be sure to download Google Chrome or Firefox prior to joining the Spreecast.
This Health Chat is currently open to allow you to submit questions. Click on the Join Chat button and type in the question box. We will try to answer as many questions as possible during the chat. Please create an account to attend the chat and submit your questions.
See transcripts of our previous Cleveland Clinic chats:
- Video of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on May 16, 2014
- Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on December 17, 2013
- Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on May 31, 2013
- Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on October 31, 2012
- Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on March 2, 2012
- Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on October 28, 2011
- Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on June 13, 2011
Requirements for best viewing the Spreecast
It works best on Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. To download:
There is a limit in character length to 420 characters for the questions – If you cannot submit your question – try shortening the length of the question. Or submitting two.
We will try to get to as many questions we can in the hour.