Top Ten Atrial Fibrillation Articles of 2011: Most Popular StopAfib.org Afib and Stroke Articles
- Summary: StopAfib.org unveils the Top Ten Atrial Fibrillation Articles of 2011, indicating that patients are focused on afib stroke prevention and atrial fibrillation procedures.
- Approximate reading time: 2–4 minutes
December 29, 2011 — Yesterday, StopAfib.org announced the first of our 2011 Top Ten Lists, the Top Ten Atrial Fibrillation Videos of 2011. Today, we turn our attention to news stories as we announce the Top Ten Atrial Fibrillation Articles of 2011.
In unveiling our most read articles of the year, we’re actually providing you with two lists — the Top Ten Articles Overall and the Top Ten Articles Published in 2011.
In the overall list, our top three stories are actually related, and since we usually provide the three links together, we’re lumping them together here as a 3-part top story. They are likely at the top of the list because the first one is included in our Get Started Learning About Atrial Fibrillation Guide.
Top Ten Articles Overall
- New Stroke Risk Factors for Those with Atrial Fibrillation (AF): Female Gender, Heart Disease, and Age (2009) and two companion stories:
- Alcohol Consumption and the Risk of Atrial Fibrillation (2008)
- FDA Approves Pradaxa as Alternative to Warfarin for Stroke Prevention in Atrial Fibrillation (2010)
- STOP AF Cryoablation for Atrial Fibrillation — Quality of Life Results and Technical Considerations (2010)
- FDA Panel Votes for Rivaroxaban (Xarelto): Atrial Fibrillation Patients May Soon Have Two Alternatives to Warfarin for Stroke Prevention (2011)
- Why Afib Patients Must Know Whether They Have Sleep Apnea (2008)
- Predictors of Very Late Recurrence of Atrial Fibrillation After Successful Catheter Ablation (2011)
- Hybrid Procedure May Offer Better Outcomes for Persistent and Longstanding Persistent Atrial Fibrillation (2011)
- Watchman Device as Alternative to Warfarin or Coumadin (2009)
- Learning Curve Affects Cryoballoon Ablation Success in Treatment of Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation (2011)
Top Ten Articles Published in 2011
- Stroke Risk Tool CHA2DS2-VASc Better Than CHADS2 for Certain Atrial Fibrillation Patients
- FDA Panel Votes for Rivaroxaban (Xarelto): Atrial Fibrillation Patients May Soon Have Two Alternatives to Warfarin for Stroke Prevention
- Predictors of Very Late Recurrence of Atrial Fibrillation After Successful Catheter Ablation
- Hybrid Procedure May Offer Better Outcomes for Persistent and Longstanding Persistent Atrial Fibrillation
- Learning Curve Affects Cryoballoon Ablation Success in Treatment of Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation
- Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on June 13, 2011 (Also see October 28 chat transcript)
- What Do We Know About Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation
- Atrial Fibrillation Resolution, H. Res. 295, Introduced in the US House of Representatives
- New Ablation Catheters for Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation Treatment Could Improve Durability of Pulmonary Vein Isolation
- Rivaroxaban as Effective as Warfarin for Stroke Prevention in Atrial Fibrillation
- Bonus article (this extremely important article was published at the end of 2010): European Society of Cardiology Publishes New Guidelines for Management of Atrial Fibrillation and Stroke Risk
Also see our companion list of top videos: Top Ten Atrial Fibrillation Videos of 2011
Disclaimer: Companies mentioned on this site may or may not be donors to StopAfib.org but no one receives favored treatment in coverage as atrial fibrillation patients are our first priority.