Resource of Note—Journal of Atrial Fibrillation
June 17, 2008 6:27 AM CT
The Journal of Atrial Fibrillation is a brand new journal that provides a forum for communicating original and innovative research findings for understanding cardiac rhythm abnormalities and improving the treatment of patients.
Five broad topic areas are covered:
- Medical treatment of AF
- Surgical management
- Technology and Devices
- Genetics and Genomics
The Editor-in-Chief is Dr. Andrea Natale and the Associate Editor is Dr. Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy. Among the dozens of physician editors are:
- David Callans
- Eric Prystowsky
- Hiroshi Nakagawa
- Hugh Calkins
- James Reiffel
- John Edgerton
- Jose Jalife
- Larry A Chinitz
- Moussa Mansour
- Marc Gillinov
- Mauricio Arruda
- Ralph Damiano
- Ricardo Capatto
- Robert A. Schweikert
- Steven Hao
- Vigneshwar Kasirajan
- Vivek Reddy
- Warren Jackman
The contents of the journal are on the web site, which will feature sections for physicians and patients along with a listing of EP centers.
The first issue contains the following papers and editorials:
- An Improved QT Correction Method for use in Atrial Fibrillation and a Comparison with the Assessment of QT in Sinus Rhythm.
- Success of Radiofrequency Catheter Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation: Does Obesity Influence the Outcomes?
- Atrial Fibrillation Ablation In Obesity‚ Size Matters.
- Surgical Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation.
- Rate versus Rhythm Control Pharmacotherapy for Atrial Fibrillation: Where are We in 2008?
- Characterization of Left Atrial Tachyarrhythmias in Patients Following Atrial Fibrillation Ablation: Correlation of surface ECG with Intracardiac Mapping.
- Review of “Antiarrhythmic Effect of Statin Therapy and Atrial Fibrillation: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials.”
- Review of “Long-term endurance sport practice increases the incidence of lone atrial fibrillation in men: a follow-up study.”
- Transesophageal echocardiography for detection of left atrial appendage thrombi: Is it good enough?
- Evaluation of Atrial Fibrillation.
- Preparing The Electrophysiology Lab to Treat Atrial Fibrillation.