Join atrial fibrillation experts from the Cleveland Clinic to get answers to your afib questions on October 30, 2012
October 9, 2012
UPDATE 10/29/12: The Atrial Fibrillation Web Chat is being cancelled as the chat functionality is not working properly and the hosting company is out of the office due to Hurricane Sandy. If you are registered, you will receive a message with an email address for submitting questions. The doctors’ responses will be posted next week.
Summary: Take advantage of the opportunity to chat live with Cleveland Clinic atrial fibrillation experts, Dr. David Van Wagoner, Dr. Walid Saliba, and Dr. Sergio Pinski, on October 30, 2012.
Our most recent chat with doctors from the Cleveland Clinic was so popular that they have agreed to do another one with us, and Dr. Sergio Pinski, one of their Florida doctors, will be joining us this time. Please join us on October 30, 2012, for the next atrial fibrillation chat.
Take this opportunity to learn more about atrial fibrillation, including diagnosis and treatments, and have your questions answered by Dr. David Van Wagoner, Dr. Walid Saliba, and Dr. Sergio Pinski from the Cleveland Clinic and Mellanie True Hills, Founder and CEO of StopAfib.org.
- Walid Saliba, MD, is the Director of the Electrophysiology Lab and a Staff Cardiologist in the Section of Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacing in the Robert and Suzanne Tomsich Department of Cardiovascular Medicine at Cleveland Clinic. He is board-certified in cardiac electrophysiology, cardiovascular disease and internal medicine. Dr. Saliba is trained in all aspects of clinical cardiac electrophysiology and pacing, including catheter ablation of various arrhythmias, implantation of cardiac pacemakers and defibrillators and extraction of implanted pacemaker and ICD leads using laser technology.
- Sergio Pinski, MD, is the Section Head of Cardiovascular Medicine at Cleveland Clinic Florida. Dr. Pinski’s specialty interests are antiarrhythmic drug therapy, biventricular pacemakers and ICD implants and follow up, clinical cardiac electrophysiology, implantable defibrillators, pacemakers, pulmonary vein isolation for atrial fibrillation, radiofrequency catheter ablation of cardiac arrhythmias, and resynchronization therapy.
- David Van Wagoner, PhD, is a Translational Scientist who works with physicians in the Sydell and Arnold Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute at Cleveland Clinic. As a scientist, Dr. Van Wagoner does not treat patients, but works closely with Heart Center physicians to research the mechanisms underlying atrial fibrillation, and to develop and assess new techniques for treating atrial fibrillation and other aging-related cardiovascular conditions.
- The Cleveland Clinic doctors will be joined by Mellanie True Hills, Founder and CEO of StopAfib.org and the American Foundation for Women’s Health. Following a brush with death in emergency heart surgery as well as a near-stroke from a frightening irregular heartbeat in the same year, Mellanie True Hills pledged to use her second chance to help others avoid the #1 and #3 killers, heart disease and stroke. After being cured of her life-threatening irregular heartbeat, atrial fibrillation, she also launched StopAfib.org, a non-profit patient advocacy organization to provide information, education, and support for those living with atrial fibrillation.
Atrial Fibrillation Live Chat
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
1PM Eastern Time (12 Central, 11 Mountain, 10 Pacific)
To sign up for this chat, please click on the “Register” button at: http://www.clevelandclinic.org/health/ChatReg/ChatPage.aspx?ChatId=1423
This Health Chat will open on Monday,October 29, 2012 to allow you to submit questions. We will try to answer as many questions as possible during the chat. Please create an account to attend the chat and submit your questions.
UPDATE: Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on October 30, 2012
See transcripts of our previous Cleveland Clinic chats and profiles of these Cleveland Clinic doctors who will be on the chat:
- Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on March 2, 2012
- Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on October 28, 2011
- Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on June 13, 2011
- Profile of Walid Saliba, MD
- Profile of Sergio Pinski, MD
- Profile of David Van Wagoner, PhD
- Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on October 30, 2012