Join atrial fibrillation experts from the Cleveland Clinic to get answers to your afib questions on May 31, 2013
April 29, 2013
Summary: Take advantage of the opportunity to chat live with Cleveland Clinic atrial fibrillation experts, Dr. David Van Wagoner, Dr. Walid Saliba, and Dr. Edward Soltesz, on May 31, 2013.
We are partnering with atrial fibrillation experts from the Cleveland Clinic for yet another live web chat. Please join us May 31, 2013, for the next atrial fibrillation chat.
Take this opportunity to have your questions answered by Dr. David Van Wagoner, Dr. Walid Saliba, and Dr. Edward Soltesz from the Cleveland Clinic and Mellanie True Hills, Founder and CEO of StopAfib.org. This chat is a great time to learn more about atrial fibrillation, including diagnosis and treatments.
To learn more about these chats, see the transcript of our most recent chat at Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on October 30, 2012. There are links to all of our previous chats at the bottom of this page.
- Walid Saliba, MD, is the Director of the Electrophysiology Lab and a Staff Cardiologist in the Section of Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacing in the Robert and Suzanne Tomsich Department of Cardiovascular Medicine at Cleveland Clinic. He is board-certified in cardiac electrophysiology, cardiovascular disease and internal medicine. Dr. Saliba is trained in all aspects of clinical cardiac electrophysiology and pacing, including catheter ablation of various arrhythmias, implantation of cardiac pacemakers and defibrillators and extraction of implanted pacemaker and ICD leads using laser technology.
- Sergio Pinski, MD, is the Section Head of Cardiovascular Medicine at Cleveland Clinic Florida. Dr. Pinski’s specialty interests are antiarrhythmic drug therapy, biventricular pacemakers and ICD implants and follow up, clinical cardiac electrophysiology, implantable defibrillators, pacemakers, pulmonary vein isolation for atrial fibrillation, radiofrequency catheter ablation of cardiac arrhythmias, and resynchronization therapy.
- Edward Soltesz, MD, MPH, is a Surgeon in the Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Soltesz specializes in adult cardiac surgery, heart transplantation and assist devices, minimally invasive cardiac surgery, valve repair and replacement, endovascular aortic surgery, percutaneous approaches to valve replacement, and complex re-operative heart surgery.
- The Cleveland Clinic doctors will be joined by Mellanie True Hills, Founder and CEO of StopAfib.org and the American Foundation for Women’s Health. Following a brush with death in emergency heart surgery as well as a near-stroke from a frightening irregular heartbeat in the same year, Mellanie True Hills pledged to use her second chance to help others avoid the #1 and #3 killers, heart disease and stroke. After being cured of her life-threatening irregular heartbeat, atrial fibrillation, she also launched StopAfib.org, a non-profit patient advocacy organization to provide information, education, and support for those living with atrial fibrillation.
Atrial Fibrillation Live Chat
Friday, May 31, 2013
12 Noon Eastern Time (11 Central, 10 Mountain, 9 Pacific)
To sign up for this chat, please click on the “Register” button at:
Atrial Fibrillation and Treatments Chat
This Health Chat will open at noon Eastern time on Thursday, May 30, 2013 to allow you to submit questions. We will try to answer as many questions as possible during the chat. Please create an account to attend the chat and submit your questions.
See transcripts of our previous Cleveland Clinic chats and profiles of the Cleveland Clinic doctors who will be on the chat:
- Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on October 31, 2012
- Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on March 2, 2012
- Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on October 28, 2011
- Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on June 13, 2011
- Profile of Walid Saliba, MD
- Profile of Edward Soltesz, MD
- Profile of David Van Wagoner, PhD