Atrial fibrillation experts from the Cleveland Clinic will answer your afib questions on March 2, 2012
February 15, 2012
Summary: On March 2, 2012, take advantage of the opportunity to chat live with Cleveland Clinic atrial fibrillation experts, Dr. David Van Wagoner, Dr. Walid Saliba, and Dr. Mandeep Bhargava.
Our previous chats with doctors from the Cleveland Clinic have been so popular that they have agreed to do another one with us. Please join us on March 2, 2012, for the next atrial fibrillation chat.
Take this opportunity to learn more about atrial fibrillation, including diagnosis and treatments, and have your questions answered by Dr. David Van Wagoner, Dr. Walid Saliba, and Dr. Mandeep Bhargava from the Cleveland Clinic and Mellanie True Hills, Founder and CEO of StopAfib.org.
- David Van Wagoner, PhD, is a Translational Scientist who works with physicians in the Sydell and Arnold Miller Family Heart & Vascular Institute at Cleveland Clinic. As a scientist, Dr. Van Wagoner does not treat patients, but works closely with Heart Center physicians to research the mechanisms underlying atrial fibrillation, and to develop and assess new techniques for treating atrial fibrillation and other aging-related cardiovascular conditions.
- Walid Saliba, MD, is the Director of the Electrophysiology Lab and a Staff Cardiologist in the Section of Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacing in the Robert and Suzanne Tomsich Department of Cardiovascular Medicine at Cleveland Clinic. He is board-certified in cardiac electrophysiology, cardiovascular disease and internal medicine. Dr. Saliba is trained in all aspects of clinical cardiac electrophysiology and pacing, including catheter ablation of various arrhythmias, implantation of cardiac pacemakers and defibrillators and extraction of implanted pacemaker and ICD leads using laser technology.
- Mandeep Bhargava, MD, is a cardiologist in the Section of Cardiac Electrophysiology and Pacing, Robert and Suzanne Tomsich Department of Cardiovascular Medicine at Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Bhargava’s specialty interests are management of atrial fibrillation, supraventricular and ventricular tachycardias, sudden cardiac death, implantable defibrillators and biventricular devices, pacemakers and Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome.
- The Cleveland Clinic doctors will be joined by Mellanie True Hills, Founder and CEO of StopAfib.org and the American Foundation for Women’s Health. Following a brush with death in emergency heart surgery as well as a near-stroke from a frightening irregular heartbeat in the same year, Mellanie True Hills pledged to use her second chance to help others avoid the #1 and #3 killers, heart disease and stroke. After being cured of her life-threatening irregular heartbeat, atrial fibrillation, she also launched StopAfib.org, a non-profit patient advocacy organization to provide information, education, and support for those living with atrial fibrillation.
Atrial Fibrillation Live Chat
Friday, March 2, 2012
12 Noon Eastern Time (11 Central, 10 Mountain, 9 Pacific)
To sign up for this chat, please click on the “Register” button at:
This Health Chat will open on Thursday, March 1, 2012, to allow you to submit questions. We will try to answer as many questions as possible during the chat. Please create an account to attend the chat and submit your questions.
See transcripts of this chat and our previous Cleveland Clinic chats at:
- Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on March 2, 2012
- Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on October 28, 2011
- Transcript of Afib Chat with Cleveland Clinic Atrial Fibrillation Experts on June 13, 2011