Watch the Videos from the 2013 Get in Rhythm, Stay in Rhythm Atrial Fibrillation Patient Conference
Get the Information that Atrial Fibrillation Patients and Family Members Need to Know
December 10, 2013
- Summary: Learn how to get in rhythm and stay in rhythm by watching videos of the Atrial Fibrillation Patient Conference that was held in Dallas on November 2, 2013. At the conference, presentations by leading afib experts provided atrial fibrillation patients, families, and caregivers with the information to manage afib and get appropriate care.
- Reading time approximately 2–3 minutes
For those who suffer from an irregular heartbeat known as atrial fibrillation, getting in rhythm and staying in rhythm can be an elusive goal. Thus, StopAfib.org hosted the first Get in Rhythm, Stay in Rhythm Atrial Fibrillation Patient Conference in Dallas on November 2, 2013. At the conference, leading medical experts helped patients, their families, and caregivers learn more about this condition that affects millions of people worldwide.
“As someone who has lived with afib, I know the huge physical, emotional, and financial toll that afib takes,” says Mellanie True Hills, founder of StopAfib.org. “That is why we created this conference to help patients and their family members learn what they need to know to understand afib, manage their treatment, and better engage with their healthcare team.”
The conference was hosted by StopAfib.org, and supported by these sponsors: Baylor Heart and Vascular Services at Dallas, the Heart Hospital Baylor Plano, Boehringer Ingelheim, Sanofi, and Medtronic. In addition, CONSUP NA, INC. provided Gerolsteiner mineral water for all participants.
Knowing how important this information would be to those living with atrial fibrillation, we committed to do a two-camera video shoot of the entire conference—a very expensive undertaking—in hopes that you, the afib community, will be willing to help us defray those costs through a donation (instead of us charging you for these videos, which many of you said you were willing to pay for). You can make a secure tax-deductible donation here, or click on the red Donate Now button.
If you have any problems donating, please contact us using the Contact link in the upper right corner of the page.
To watch the conference presentations, select the topic from the conference agenda below.
Click on the links below to access the video for each segment
Download slides at the bottom of this page
10:30 – 11:00 Refreshment Break and Exhibits
11:00 – 12:00 Treating Afib with Procedures
Surgery, including Left Atrial Appendage Procedures — William T. Brinkman, MD, with comments by Kelley A. Hutcheson, MD
- RF Catheter Ablation — Kamran A. Rizvi, MD, FHRS
- Cryoballoon Catheter Ablation — Jay O. Franklin, MD, FACC, FHRS
- New Catheter Ablation Procedures (FIRM, laser balloon) and Left Atrial Appendage Procedures — Robert Kowal, MD, PhD, FHRS
12:00 – 12:35 Q & A with Presenters — Moderated by Mellanie True Hills
12:35 – 12:45 Wrap Up — Mellanie True Hills